Rise of Online Shopping
We are gradually moving everything online – from networking to watching the news and now shopping. Today’s online shopping has become a multi billion-dollar industry, and buying goods and services online is a common practice.
One of the biggest reasons for the rampant rise of online shopping is the customer experience, innovative strategies, latest features, and commendable services used by online businesses to generate more leads.
Why Sell Online With Shopify?
Since online shopping has become more like shopping in person, it has become imperative for businesses to put their shops online on lucrative platforms to generate high returns and profits.
Shopify is a cloud-based software with an easy learning curve that works on a monthly subscription model. It is a web application with a wide range of ‘themes’ and allows you to create your online store and sell physical and digital products.
Since millions prefer Shopify for online selling, you can upload your online store on this all-in-one commerce platform that lists your products, converts more customers, tracks your results, and helps small and medium scale business owners to sell online and in-person.
If you are looking for the most enterprising eCommerce platforms, you indeed must have found Shopify in the top few options. Shopify is a hosted platform that incorporates order management and everything required for a ready-to-sell online store.
Today, there are a plethora of active Shopify stores in the world, generating billions of sales and profits. Shopify is chosen by many because it focuses more on the selling part, and is an all-in-one solution. Shopify is perfect for people who possess no coding knowledge and want to mitigate technical labor concentrating more on selling and marketing their products.
How Much Does Shopify Cost?
Shopify has a low start-up cost and has an immensely easy-to-use interface. Let us look at the Shopify pricing plans that range from $9 per month to $299 per month for its regular plans. You may also be eligible for 10% or 20% discounts if you pay upfront for a one-year or two-year plan.
5 Shopify Pricing Plans Available
- Shopify Lite — $9 per month
- Basic Shopify — $29 per month
- Shopify — $79 per month
Shopify Pricing Explained
- There is a free trial available for 14 days which can be extended further.
- If you pay upfront, you can avail of a 10 % discount (for one year) and 20% (if you pay for two).
- Paying an additional amount can get Shopify’s point-of-sale features, using which you can sell goods in a physical location.
Types of Shopify Subscription
You can opt for Shopify Lite and Shopify Plus, which are designed explicitly for varied business needs.
- Shopify best plan for small businesses – Shopify Lite allows online businesses to sell on Facebook and chat with their consumers on Messenger and is a $9/month plan.
- Shopify best plan for a medium-scale business – Shopify Plus is specifically designed for online businesses that want a completely scalable platform, and it starts at $2,000/month. It is highly customizable and has the benefit of a dedicated support team to help you initiate your online store with 24/7 priority support.
- If you plan to launch your long-term business on Shopify, you can get up to a 25% discount on one of their annual plans.
What are Shopify Advantages and Disadvantages?
Shopify reviews, ratings, and testimonials, along with customer feedback, point towards the ease of selling online with Shopify. You can set up your store in minutes and bring your brand to life. It is optimized for growth, equipped with leverage tools and insightful sales information to grow your business. Selling online on Shopify and launching your eCommerce website is much easier, more convenient, faster, and more scalable.
- Shopify is convenient and easy to use, built for the average user, with its user-friendly interface and Shopify’s drag-and-drop editing tool.
- It has relatively low monthly fees, which makes start-up and setup more affordable.
- It has attractive free and mobile-responsive themes.
- Shopify is the perfect platform with a wide choice of drop shippers and various dropshipping integrations.
- The customer and seller support of Shopify can be easily accessed every hour of the day using phone, live chat, and email, even outside of regular business hours.
- It is well-equipped with a drag-and-drop store builder, and you have the option to choose from over 70 professional and free store themes.
- It incorporates a comprehensive dashboard through which you can better understand sales, inventory, orders, and target audience to better manage your products, sales, profits, and marketing.
- It promotes simple marketing with automated marketing, built-in SEO features, and free educational material.
- You can use the Shopify Mobile app to get live access to fulfillment, orders, analytics, and a lot more from your smartphone.
- Automatic shipping and tax rates save you the hassle of calculation and gives your customers peace of mind.
- Shopify has limited functionality, so sellers may need to opt for add-ons, which are not free but are expensive, to make their online store work according to their requirements.
- Although many carts have eliminated transaction fees, if payments are not accepted using Shopify Payments, it can charge 0.5% to 2.0% transaction fees.
Who Can Sell On Shopify?
Anyone can sell on Shopify, as it supports various eCommerce businesses. You can sell a wide variety of products like handcrafted goods, home goods, beauty supplies, clothing, digital products, gifts, events, and so much more. Shopify can help you reach a bigger audience and earn a higher passive income in the process.
- Some of the trending Shopify items are household items like doormats, household storage containers, handheld device accessories, kitchen towels, and toys.
- Shopify won’t allow you to sell anything illegal or prohibited, such as alcohol, tobacco, and e-cigarettes.
How to Set Up Shopify Store – A Step By Step Guide
Step 1 – Sign Up for Shopify and create your seller account. You would need to fill in your desired email address, password, and store name.
Step 2 – You need to tell Shopify about yourself, your products, inventory, sales targets, and then click on the Enter My Store button when complete.
Step 3 – Then, you must add products to your Shopify store.
Step 4 – You can use various templates, themes, and designs to customize the look of your Shopify online store.
Read Shopify Web Design
Step 5 – You can set up your domain with Shopify and fill up your account with general information like billing and legal details, specify taxes in the Variants section, and create postage and packaging options.
Step 6 – You should activate your payment processor by specifying the transaction fees, the card types that can be used, and offsite checkout. Finally, you can have your very own fully functional Shopify online store.
Shopify has a 24 x 7 active support center to help sellers set up and launch their online stores. Besides the available support through calls, emails, and chats, you can also refer to the various video tutorials, Shopify community, Webinars, Changelogs, and Business courses on their platform.
Need help in setting up your shopify store? Connect with our shopify experts
Shopify for Small Business or Medium Scale Business
According to the Shopify Review 2021, out of all the eCommerce digital solutions, Shopify is one of the topmost and most preferred online selling and online shopping platforms across the globe. You can create a powerful online store at Shopify and get the best support for order management, inventory administration, report creations, and everything else to boost sales on Shopify stores.